Sunday, April 24, 2016

1 Nephi 12:4-10

4  And it came to pass that I saw a amist of bdarkness on the face of the land of promise; and I saw lightnings, and I heard thunderings, and earthquakes, and all manner of tumultuous noises; and I saw the earth and the rocks, that they rent; and I saw mountains tumbling into pieces; and I saw the plains of the earth, that they were cbroken up; and I saw many cities that they were dsunk; and I saw many that they were burned with fire; and I saw many that did tumble to the earth, because of the quaking thereof.
5  And it came to pass after I saw these things, I saw the avapor of darkness, that it passed from off the face of the earth; and behold, I saw multitudes who had not fallen because of the great and terrible judgments of the Lord.
6  And I saw the heavens open, and the aLamb of God descending out of heaven; and he came down and bshowed himself unto them.
7  And I also saw and bear record that the Holy Ghost fell upon atwelve others; and they were ordained of God, and chosen.
8  And the angel spake unto me, saying: Behold the Twelve Disciples of the Lamb, who are chosen to minister unto thy seed.
9  And he said unto me: Thou rememberest the aTwelve Apostles of the Lamb?  Behold they are they who shall bjudge the twelve tribes of Israel; wherefore, the twelve ministers of thy seed shall be judged of them; for ye are of the house of Israel.
10  And these atwelve ministers whom thou beholdest shall judge thy seed.  And, behold, they are righteous forever; for because of their faith in the Lamb of God their bgarments are made white in his blood.
    “they are righteous forever”
            -what a compliment, accomplishment and blessing!  Could that be said of me?  I am righteous for much shorter periods than “forever”.  I struggle to be righteous for an entire day; for a week at a time and a month is nearly impossible.  What is it going to take so that my righteousness never falters?  How can I arrive to a level where I am unfailingly righteous FOREVER?  That will be a glorious and blessed life!

    “because of their faith in the Lamb of God their garments are made white”
            -faith is the key to obtaining the greatest gifts of God.  Faith must mean something more than simple belief.  In fact, the twelve ministers who are here credited with faith as the reason for their being made white did not need to believe.  They saw, handled and knew the Savior firsthand with their physical senses.  So faith as a strong belief is not what we are talking about.  Faith is an action, it is disciplined and devoted action.

No comments:

Post a Comment