Sunday, April 3, 2016

1 Nephi 11:30-31

30  And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked, and I beheld the heavens open again, and I saw aangels descending upon the children of men; and they did minister unto them.
31  And he spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked, and I beheld the Lamb of God going forth among the children of men.  And I beheld multitudes of people who were asick, and who were afflicted with all manner of diseases, and with bdevils and cunclean spirits; and the angel spake and showed all these things unto me.  And they were dhealed by the power of the Lamb of God; and the devils and the unclean spirits were cast out.
            -Condescension #3:  the Savior serving and assisting mortal man in all of his infirmities, weaknessed and infirmities.  Many men of nobility would hardly concern themselves with the plight of those so far beneath their social standing (which discrepancy is simply a social construct) much less the real differential that existed between God and mortal man.  Christ had every legitimate reason to avoid the sinful rabble and corrupted nature of mortal man… instead he made himself their servent.  He engaged them in their ugly physical infirmities and in their pathetic spiritual tragedies and filthiness.  We cannot begin to comprehend the nature of God we have and the full capacity of love that defines the divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment