Sunday, April 24, 2016

1 Nephi 12:2-3

2  And it came to pass that I beheld multitudes gathered together to battle, one against the other; and I beheld awars, and rumors of wars, and great slaughters with the sword among my people.
3  And it came to pass that I beheld many generations pass away, after the manner of wars and contentions in the land; and I beheld many cities, yea, even that I did not number them.
    -the next verse (4) provides a solid time anchor if we assume Nephi’s vision is progressing along a temporal continuum.  Verse four introduces events that transpire around 34 AD.  This would lead us to place the multitues spoken of in verse 2-3 between approx. 550 BC and 33 AD.  The writers of this period (Benjamin, Alma, Helaman, etc.) clearly provide an account of  a vast population who engage and re-engage in warfare.

No comments:

Post a Comment