Thursday, January 7, 2016

1 Nephi 10:1

1  AND now I, Nephi, proceed to give an account upon athese plates of my proceedings, and my reign and ministry; wherefore, to proceed with mine account, I must speak somewhat of the things of my father, and also of my brethren.
            -this is a transition, in Nephi’s mind at least, between the experiences of his father and his own.  He becomes the “owner”.  It becomes personal and the responsibility rests upon him.  Let’s see if we can sense some changes in the details of his record.

     “to proceed with mine account, I must speak somewhat of the things of my father, and also of my brethren”
            -Nephi’s life, like ours, is fundamentally imbedded in the life of his family.  He is the person he becomes because of his family.  There is no separating him out from the things of his father and of his brothers.  The family is our primary context and the group which influences our mortal experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment