Thursday, September 24, 2015

1 Nephi 5:5

5  But behold, I have aobtained a bland of promise, in the which things I do rejoice; yea, and I cknow that the Lord will deliver my sons out of the hands of Laban, and bring them down again unto us in the wilderness.
     “… I do rejoice…”
            -here is a wonderful, diametrical contrast between the spiritual states of Lehi and Sariah at the time of this trial.  Lehi has an understanding of God while Sariah is without that personal confidence.  An understanding of God brings a much more desirable peace/mental and emotional state.  For example “I do rejoice” whereas fear and anxiety are the companions when the ways of God (an understanding and faith in his ways) are missing.  He rejoiced, she mourned.

     “I know”
            -these two words seem to be the verbal measurement of the degree of conversion and knowledge of God’s hand.  Nephi has already spoken them (Nephi 3:7); Lehi speaks it here and Sariah will soon speak it (see verse 8).
            -what can be more wonderful than a personal conviction –“I know”- of the Lord’s hand or the Lords purpose in a thing?  It is what sustains every person and every group through the most difficult trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment