Tuesday, September 1, 2015

1 Nephi 4:23-25

23  And I spake unto him as if it had been Laban.
24  And I also spake unto him that I should carry the engravings, which were upon the aplates of brass, to my elder brethren, who were without the walls.
25  And I also bade him that he should follow me.
     “I bade him follow me.”
            -I have to wonder why Nephi asked Zoram to continue with him.  The plates had been obtained and surly taking Zoram (and making the truth of the situation known to him) would only complicate things and make things difficult.  But what a blessing for Zoram this would be (more on that later).

       “follow me”
            -this has a very familiar sound to it.  The subsequent events of Zoram’s life, compared to what they might have been (both temporally and spiritually) had he stayed in Jerusalem, prove the wisdom and benefit of listening to a prophet’s counsel.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment