Monday, September 21, 2015

1 Nephi 5:3-4

3  And after this manner of language had my mother complained against my father.
4  And it had come to pass that my father spake unto her, saying: I know that I am a avisionary man; for if I had not seen the things of God in a bvision I should not have known the goodness of God, but had tarried at Jerusalem, and had perished with my brethren.
     “known the goodness of God….”
            -we come to know the goodness (gospel, plan, will, etc.) of God by having spiritual experiences and witnesses.  Hence the person unacquainted with God has most probably not had any spiritual experiences.  This is how some people see certain things as the welcome workings of God while others see the very same circumstance as foolishness, danger, ill motivated, or with fear.  Sariah had not had a spiritual witness and thereby had not come to know the goodness of God so she greatly feared for her son’s lives.  We must come to know that God’s hand is directing our lives and he gives sanction to the course we are on.  With such knowledge all hell can combine against us and we can yet retain our resolve and peace in our cause, irregardless of the temporal pressures (some of which may be extremely grave) brought to bear on every side.

No comments:

Post a Comment