Saturday, August 29, 2015

1 Nephi 4:20

20  And after I had done this, I went forth unto the treasury of Laban.  And as I went forth towards the treasury of Laban, behold, I saw the aservant of Laban who had the keys of the treasury.  And I commanded him in the voice of Laban, that he should go with me into the treasury.
      “as I went forth towards… behold, I saw the servant of Laban…”
            -wow, what a coincidence!?  No!  I for one, am humbled and astonished (I should not be by now, but I still am) that the Lord is in absolute control of his creation.  How can we doubt the extent of His great power in our puny lives?  He orchestrates his purposes so beautifully that at the very moment Nephi is on a street corner going toward the treasury, the servant who has the keys is there to assist Nephi in opening it.  This, split second timing necessarily took into account the delay as Nephi pondered the question of killing Laban.  That is beautiful and amazing to me.  God in heaven can help us with even the smallest of details here in our lives.

      “I saw the servant of Laban”
            -Continuing with the theme above, how did Nephi know this person was Laban’s servant, how did he know that this servant happened to have the keys?  There is only one way:  the Spirit told him.  Not even this small detail was forgotten by the Lord  (and yet was overlooked in the many times I’ve read this account and had the benefit of hindsight).  He knows our smallest, but vital necessities.

      "servant of Laban"
            -his name is not known/given for almost an entire book;  2Nephi 1:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment