Saturday, August 29, 2015

1 Nephi 4:19

19  And after I had smitten off his head with his own sword, I took the garments of Laban and put them upon mine own body; yea, even every whit; and I did gird on his armor about my loins.
      “After I had smitten… I took the garments…”
            -here again the Spirit is leading Nephi step by step to accomplish the retrieval of the plates.  I wonder if Nephi knew why he was doing these things.  Had he caught onto the gist of the Lord’s plan?  This is one way of becoming unified with the Lord in purpose.  At some point Nephi did “catch on” and became of one mind with the Lord.  Not only did he know what it was the Lord wanted accomplished but also “how” the Lord was going to accomplish it. There are times when we should seek this perfect unity as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment