Sunday, May 1, 2016

1 Nephi 12:19-23

19  And while the angel spake these words, I beheld and saw that the seed of my brethren did contend against my seed, according to the word of the angel; and because of the pride of my seed, and the atemptations of the devil, I beheld that the seed of my brethren did boverpower the people of my seed.
20  And it came to pass that I beheld, and saw the people of the seed of my brethren that they had overcome my seed; and they went forth in multitudes upon the face of the land.
21  And I saw them gathered together in multitudes; and I saw awars and rumors of wars among them; and in wars and rumors of wars I saw bmany generations pass away.
22  And the angel said unto me: Behold these shall adwindle in unbelief.
23  And it came to pass that I beheld, after they had dwindled in unbelief they became a adark, and loathsome, and a bfilthy people, full of cidleness and all manner of abominations.
            -when people lose or reject the truths of the gospel they become depraved, degenerate, carnal, uninspired and retrograde.  They literally take a step back in terms of civility, intelligence, refinement and progress.  Natural regression of the species is a very real phenomenon when humans embrace the idea that we are nothing more than advanced animals  -we begin to live according to an advanced form of animalistic morality.  God given or god centric morality is abandoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment