Wednesday, December 30, 2015

1 Nephi 9:3-4

3  Nevertheless, I have received a commandment of the Lord that I should make these plates, for the special apurpose that there should be an account engraven of the bministry of my people.
4  Upon the other plates should be engraven an account of the reign of the kings, and the wars and contentions of my people; wherefore these plates are for the more part of the ministry; and the aother plates are for the more part of the reign of the kings and the wars and contentions of my people.
    “upon the other plates”
            -two things worth consideration come up with the continuation of this phrase.
            1.  why was a secular or historical history even kept?  Do we currently possess this?  No! 
            Either we will eventually have it, which we should be working toward, or its
purpose was fulfilled in the Book of Mormon times already past.
            2. what a pain for Nephi to keep two sets of records, but he did it as he was directed!  I
 could see a spiritual history being kept, but is the effort to keep a historical record
 necessary?

No comments:

Post a Comment