Monday, March 30, 2015

1 Nephi 1:3

3  And I know that the record which I make is atrue; and I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge.

     "I know... which I make...I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my                 knowledge"
            -Nephi taking personal responsibility/bearing personal testimony for the things he has                    written.  This is not a second hand account.  It is a first hand, eyewitness record.

            -his frequent use of “I” may indicate his deep ownership of this record.  Historical conditions are sometimes matters of perspective or vantage point, even facts are open to interpretation but a personal account is difficult to contradict.  

     “I know…”
            -Nephi is bearing strong/certain testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment